Hey everyone, happy Fall season! I’m currently sitting in a little cafe in Amsterdam writing this, which makes me wonder why I’ve never done this before. It’s free wifi, and an excellent opportunity for me to work on the blog. The extra caffeine isn’t so bad either 🙂 So, today I decided to talk to you all about my must-have beauty products when traveling. Now I’m a huge beauty and skincare junkie, always trying new products and such, but there are some products that I can’t live without when I travel, and help me so much, especially when I have to go straight from a plane to my next destination. These products will make your skin glow, your hair look freshly washed and keep your lips super moisturized. Click through the slideshow below to see my favorites and click on any one to shop!
My Must-Have Beauty Products While I Travel
- Summer Fridays Jet Lag Mask – I’m sure if you follow any bloggers, you’ve heard about the Summer Fridays Jet Lag Mask. This mask is a miracle worker on dry skin. I’m sure you also know by now that dry skin is one of the huge negatives of flying. This mask is perfect for any long flights. You can use it on a short flight too, I just know the longer your flight, the higher you go, the lower the altitude and the more dry your skin gets. The best part of this mask is that no wash-off is required! You just slather it on and let it sink into your skin.
- SuperGoop Unseen Sunscreen – I’ve never been a huge advocate for sunscreen. Ask any of my friends and they’ll tell you I NEVER wear sunscreen (I know, I know, shame on me). But this sunscreen is a total game changer. You know how the main reason everyone hates sunscreen? Like when you put it on and it leaves white streaks and makes your face feel greasy? Yeah, this sunscreen doesn’t do that. (Praise the Lord, hallelujah!) This sunscreen is clear and goes on like a primer. It leaves your skin feeling completely matte, no icky greasy feeling. Yes, I just used the word icky to describe that feeling, but that’s really the only word that comes to mind! You can literally use this sunscreen as your primer. Bam, two makeup steps in one. You’re welcome.
- Kora Organics Noni-Glow Face Oil – I use this oil religiously. It’s part of my daily skincare routine, morning and night. A good face oil is essential in any skincare routine, and the reason I love this one so much is because it sinks right into the skin. Some of those heavier oils leave a film on the skin that takes a wile to sink in, but this one sinks in as soon as it hits your skin. This oil really gives my skin a nice glow and keeps it healthy looking. Apply a couple drops after a long flight and your skin will instantly look revived.
- Origins Mega-Bright Dark Circle Minimizer – One of the biggest problems with my skin is my dark under eye circles. I looked far and wide for a good dark circle cream, and I finally found it! I also like the Ole Henriksen Banana Bright Eye Cream, which is great for minimizing under eye circles as well. What I love about the Origins one is that it’s all natural. But, if that’s not really a big deal to you, I suggest the Ole Henriksen one. It’s a little more powerful. The Origins eye cream is really great for an instant eye brightener, as it has tiny little light reflectors in it. It also goes on nice and smooth, and instantly sinks in.
- RMS Beauty Coconut Oil Make-Up Remover Wipes – I LOVE THESE! I spent years trying different brands of make up remover wipes because I hated how rough traditional ones were on my skin and how they dried my skin out. The RMS Beauty wipes are made with coconut oil, so they hydrate your skin instead of dry it out. They’re super gentle and really great at removing even the toughest of makeup. They also smell fantastic 🙂 They’re great for refreshing your skin after a day of traveling, while still keeping it hydrated.
- Moroccan Oil Dry Shampoo – The one product on my list that’s not all-natural, but what can I say? I’m obsessed with Moroccan Oil products. I don’t know about you, but after a long flight, my hair always looks greasy and flat. This dry shampoo is the perfect pick-me-up. They also have a kind for blonde hair and brown hair so that it can freshen up your roots. It also makes your hair smell freshly washed, which is a saving grace after a long flight or a full day of walking.
- Lanolips 101 Ointment – This amazing lip balm gets it’s name because there are 101 ways you can use it. I use it mainly for my lips when they’re really dry (it works wonders!), but I also use it on hangnails, dry patches, my cuticles, and really anything that needs some intense moisture. It’s a perfect overnight lip mask if you slather on a lot. It’s also a plus that it’s 100% natural, vegan and not tested on animals 🙂
Hope you all enjoyed this post! Comment below with some of your must-have beauty products when you travel, I’m always looking for new ones to try! Also be sure to check out the reasons I switched to clean beauty for more of my favorite beauty products!