Everyone knows that summer is the time for tan skin, beachy hair, and fresh make-upless faces, but summer can also mean burnt skin, dry hair, and oily faces as well. But not to fret, there are plenty of amazing beauty products that you can use to reap the benefits of summer rather than suffer through the downfalls. Nobody has time to be worrying about all of those unfortunate beauty mishaps, summer only lasts so long (sigh). So I took the initiative of putting together a list of this seasons must-have beauty products that will save you from all of those beauty busts, and keep you looking your best all summer long! Shop the products by clicking on the numbers below the photo and check out my description on each product.
1. This Bare Minerals mineral veil will soak up any unwanted oil that is making you shiny. Stick it in your purse on a night out and you can thank me later.
2. The Smashbox Full Exposure mini is a travel size palette that can go with you anywhere in case you need to touch up. The colors are amazing too and come in matte and sparkly so you can quickly switch over from a soft day look to a bold night look.
3. The Bliss hot salt scrub is perfect to slough off any dead skin after a day at the beach or, better yet, a day before hitting the beach. If you plan spending the day at the beach or applying a fake tanner, a scrub will ensure you get the best possible tan and even coverage.
4. Everyone is always looking for the perfect sea salt spray for beachy waves in the summer, but this Shea Moisture sea salt spray strengthens hair with sea kelp, pearl protein, and sea buckthorn oil. It’s also safe to use on color treated hair as well being sulfate free and color safe.
5. This Bumble and Bumble Hairdresser’s Primer is like a magic potion. It makes hair smoother, silkier, and stronger all while taming frizz and protecting your hair from breakage caused by UV rays. It’s like sunscreen for your hair and it is definitely a must have for those of you that spend endless amounts of days in the sun.
6. The Moroccan Oil Restorative Hair Mask will reverse all of the damage caused by sun and dryness caused by salt. Using this treatment once every two weeks will keep your hair strong and full of the proteins that are so important to it’s growth.
7. This Fresh Sugar Sport Treatment is a small SPF 30 sunscreen that can be used on your lips, face, and even the sensitive eye area. It is moisturizing without leaving the skin too oily and it’s a perfect travel size to carry with you anywhere.
8. If you haven’t hopped on the dry shampoo bandwagon yet, this is me telling you it’s about damn time. Dry shampoo is a life saver during the summer for those couple of days where a shower just doesn’t come up on your to-do list. While most people would tell you to get your priorities straightened out, I’m here to tell you that this DryBar Dry Shampoo will soak up all of that oil in your hair and even leave it smelling fresh and clean. You’re welcome.
9. Highlighter is huge this season, especially since glowing skin is always a must have. I like the Benefit Cosmetics Watts Up highlighter because there is a little sponge on the opposite end of the highlighter which you use to blend out the cream. I think it has an easy application and is super nifty for touch ups.
10. Urban Decay setting spray is a Godsend. The best part is it comes in so many different kinds, that anyone can find one that is perfect for their skin type. I personally like the All Nighter because it really does make your make-up last all. night. long.
11. Finally, this Dream Screen SPF 45 moisturizer by Benefit Cosmetics is incredible. It really feels like nothing is on your face, unlike most sunscreens that leave a greasy film on your skin after applying. This moisturizer is oil free and absorbs instantly, leaving a great base if you wanted to build on it with make-up, or a great barrier against the sun’s harsh rays. Using it as a moisturizer during the summer will protect the sensitive skin on your face from getting burnt.